Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Swimming with the Apple Watch

Is there a possibility the dial will turn and unlock the water lock while I swim? ( I have a Apple Watch SE)

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 8

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 2:05 PM

I suppose that may be a remote possibility, but even if it happened there should be no adverse affects.

As explained in How to use Water Lock and eject water from your Apple Watch:

"When Water Lock is on, your Apple Watch Series 2 or later doesn't respond to touch on its display. This prevents accidental input while you're in water. When you turn off Water Lock, your watch ejects any water that remains in its speaker."

If it does happen, and you want to eject water from the speaker, just repeat the on/off sequence.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2022 2:05 PM in response to lillie249

I suppose that may be a remote possibility, but even if it happened there should be no adverse affects.

As explained in How to use Water Lock and eject water from your Apple Watch:

"When Water Lock is on, your Apple Watch Series 2 or later doesn't respond to touch on its display. This prevents accidental input while you're in water. When you turn off Water Lock, your watch ejects any water that remains in its speaker."

If it does happen, and you want to eject water from the speaker, just repeat the on/off sequence.

Swimming with the Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.