Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos not syncing with icloud

My wife's MBA with Monterey 12.1 Photos will not sync with iCloud. However, Photos on her iPhone 11 does sync. When I go to her iCloud settings in Peferences on her MBA and click on Photos (see screenshot)

It comes up with

When I open Photos (the only library in her Pictures folder is Photos Library.photoslibrary) It's the only photos library on the MBA.

I suspect that the photos library on both iCloud and her iPhone is a different library but I can't tell. I think this started when she upgraded to Monterey.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 3:17 PM

Hi

First check that the library is set as the system library - the circled button should be greyed out. (Photos preferences) If it isn’t, click it. (I suspect this is the reason for the error message)

Then check icloud settings are as shown.

Also make sure you have enough iCloud space for your whole library, and lots of free space on your mac.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2022 3:17 PM in response to SlippySlope

Hi

First check that the library is set as the system library - the circled button should be greyed out. (Photos preferences) If it isn’t, click it. (I suspect this is the reason for the error message)

Then check icloud settings are as shown.

Also make sure you have enough iCloud space for your whole library, and lots of free space on your mac.

photos not syncing with icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.