Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is just bought a Mac Pro 2022 and had my desk top Mac 2007 data transferred to new computer but the iPhone has prohibitory symbol on it how can I retrieve photos from that???

is just bought a Mac Pro 2022 and had my desk top Mac 2007 data transferred to new computer but the iPhone has prohibitory symbol on it how can I retrieve photos from that???

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 4:14 AM

While that seems complex, there may be a way to move saved images from iPhone, for reuse.

Any bridge between them has to use an existing newer tech; such as 'Air Drop' where possible.

Or other storage that can be shared by USB or similar platform use; with or without an adapter.

Most/all of these items are too new for PPC (G3/G4/G5) ASC threads. The 'old mac' is an Intel.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2022 4:14 AM in response to beckysuarez

While that seems complex, there may be a way to move saved images from iPhone, for reuse.

Any bridge between them has to use an existing newer tech; such as 'Air Drop' where possible.

Or other storage that can be shared by USB or similar platform use; with or without an adapter.

Most/all of these items are too new for PPC (G3/G4/G5) ASC threads. The 'old mac' is an Intel.

Jan 22, 2022 9:34 AM in response to beckysuarez

How to share albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac - Apple Support

The below blatantly self-serving web site has stuff they want to sell you. The information is good, but beware that under 3) they suggest you need to buy their software to make fast progress.

all the other options are still available, without their software, and I do not suggest you need to buy their software, I am just suggesting more alternatives.

https://www.easeus.com/iphone-data-transfer/how-to-transfer-photos-from-iphone-to-mac.html

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.