Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard Text Replacements Erase After Reboot

I have created some text replacements in the Keyboard area of System Preferences. However, with every reboot, they disappear and the only one that remains is the "omw" item that comes with macOS.

I am using macOS v12.1 (Monterey).

Any insights?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 7:09 AM

I noticed mine was the same ones I had set on my phone with the same Apple ID. I have never seen a settings area though to back this section up to my iClould. You might want to try and make sure your iClould is on and syncing to see if that makes any difference. Hope it helps.

10 replies

Feb 11, 2022 7:54 AM in response to DiagnosedCrazy-ItsOK

Thanks! Signing into iCloud (which I don't use) worked. Because I don't use the service it didn't occur to me this might be linked. I'm curious about why Apple chose to require these two functions to be linked. I understand the value for those who are multi-device users, but there should be an option for single-device users to have the functionality without iCloud.

Keyboard Text Replacements Erase After Reboot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.