Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I burn a CD that has title info from Music/iTunes app?

"Get info" shows tune titles. Burning a CD from Playlist doesn't show them. I would like the data to go with the music burned to CDs

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 7:50 AM

There is an option when burning an Audio CD to Include CD Text. Support for reading CD text is fairly patchy. Neither iTunes nor Music will read it for example, but some CD players in cars can. To include all the original data you can burn a Data CD rather than an Audio CD, but whether that is a suitable option depends on where you want to use the discs.

tt2

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2022 7:50 AM in response to C Rand

There is an option when burning an Audio CD to Include CD Text. Support for reading CD text is fairly patchy. Neither iTunes nor Music will read it for example, but some CD players in cars can. To include all the original data you can burn a Data CD rather than an Audio CD, but whether that is a suitable option depends on where you want to use the discs.

tt2

How can I burn a CD that has title info from Music/iTunes app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.