Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pairing an Apple watch

My recent iPhone has a new email account. But I am trying to pair my new watch and it keeps bringing the email address from an old iPhone that never worked with that email anyway and even though I change it for some reason it keeps defaulting back.

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 11:46 AM

Try unpairing, erasing, and pairing your watch again and restoring from the backup just created in the unpairing process. This deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system. This should result in no loss of data and in some cases can free a lot of storage.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2022 11:46 AM in response to Treasury55

Try unpairing, erasing, and pairing your watch again and restoring from the backup just created in the unpairing process. This deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system. This should result in no loss of data and in some cases can free a lot of storage.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Pairing an Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.