Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Japanese version

Can you mute the shutter sound for Japanese iPhone 13 in countries outside Japan on iOS 15 like what happened in iphone 12 and below?

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 9:33 PM

As i checked, i live in oman. and when we insert the oman sim in the mobile, the shutter sound gone.

its only work when u put sim of other country and that sim is active and working.

and when i activate flight mode then shutter sound come back. and when i removed sim card , then also shutter sound come back.

its only mute when sim is in the phone.

Thats i experienced.

Hope this helpfull.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2022 9:33 PM in response to be_sh_oy

As i checked, i live in oman. and when we insert the oman sim in the mobile, the shutter sound gone.

its only work when u put sim of other country and that sim is active and working.

and when i activate flight mode then shutter sound come back. and when i removed sim card , then also shutter sound come back.

its only mute when sim is in the phone.

Thats i experienced.

Hope this helpfull.

Jan 22, 2022 2:09 PM in response to be_sh_oy

Hi be_sh_oy,

We understand you have questions on muting the camera shutter sound when taking a picture. We're happy to offer some guidance.

All phones manufactured for the Japan region are required to have a camera shutter sound that can not be turned off or disabled. This is determined by the model iPhone you have, and not where you're currently located or the location you have your device set to.

So for example, if you have a Japanese model iPhone and you travel outside of Japan or change the devices location setting, the camera shutter sound will not suddenly start to mute when you put the device in silent mode. An iPhone manufactured for the Japanese market will always have a shutter sound, there is no way around that.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

iPhone 13 Japanese version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.