Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Untitled Window with Red Spinning Circle

Hey everyone,

I've been having an issue for the last few months with my MacBook Air. Upon launching certain web pages (one that I know for sure causes it is when I log in to Quickbooks Online), a blank window with a red spinning circle in the middle pops up over the page. I have to click back onto the web page to continue, but the "untitled" window remains in the background. There is nothing in Force Quit, as you can see in some of the screenshots I've grabbed. I cannot close the windows except by restarting my Mac or sometimes quitting certain processes but that usually causes other things to quit and reload. I'd like to stop this issue once and for all because it's extremely annoying when I have to continually click off of them to use my Mac. See attached screenshots below. Let me know if you need any additional info, etc to get to the bottom of this!

2019 MacBook Air running Monterey 12.1 and using Safari as web browser (issue has persisted over multiple updates)

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 3:34 PM

It does appear to be resolved for me after I disabled/deleted some browser extensions. I had been using LastPass, one of the Adblock extensions, and there were a few other random ones. I didn’t test one at a time and just flat out deleted them all as I wasn’t really using any of them anymore and the issue seems to have gone away. I’d experiment with disabling/deleting extensions and seeing what appears to fix it!

Edit: I suspect it was LastPass as it always seemed to happen when logging into certain sites (although not necessarily using LastPass to log in) although I might be wrong.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2022 3:34 PM in response to mvalencia464

It does appear to be resolved for me after I disabled/deleted some browser extensions. I had been using LastPass, one of the Adblock extensions, and there were a few other random ones. I didn’t test one at a time and just flat out deleted them all as I wasn’t really using any of them anymore and the issue seems to have gone away. I’d experiment with disabling/deleting extensions and seeing what appears to fix it!

Edit: I suspect it was LastPass as it always seemed to happen when logging into certain sites (although not necessarily using LastPass to log in) although I might be wrong.

Jan 22, 2022 2:21 PM in response to thetedderbear

Hi thetedderbear,

We understand some websites just load to a blank page in Safari. We're happy to offer some guidance.

If a website is just loading a blank window instead of showing the site content, you'll want to try these steps: If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected

If it's still not working properly after that, we'd recommend contacting Apple for assistance: Get Support

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Feb 21, 2022 5:47 PM in response to mvalencia464

If that’s a common denominator between us and it seems to be happening mostly at login then I’m sure it’s it! I’ve been transitioning over to Apple’s password manager anyways since LastPass makes you pay for multiple devices so it wasn’t really necessary anymore. Let me know if that’s the fix for sure, might help others here!

Feb 21, 2022 5:50 PM in response to thetedderbear

Honestly, I'm pretty sure you fixed my problem. How much do I owe you? Hahahah. It was so hard to research this issue, because all the search engines think we mean the spinning multi-colored wheel, but you have to describe this differently.

I think it's safe to say you fixed it, because though it's been less than an hour, I haven't seen it since I followed your advice and removed LastPass. If it changes, I'll be sure to update you here. Otherwise, THANK YOU!!!

Untitled Window with Red Spinning Circle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.