Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software for MacOS 10….

So is there a way to get Apple software like pages if I have a MacOS 10 version? The App Store says it requires MacOS 11? What should we do? Are there older versions of Apple software that work on older MacOS available?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 11:58 AM

Okay. It seems like they don't want us to download older versions that would work. However, I was thinking with the shortage of chips, the ongoing issues of landfills full of old computers, and the drive for a greener future, plus the fact that Apple computers, and especially laptops outlast the competition, that Apple would start to embrace the use of older hardware, by making older versions of Apple software available. It would be a very smart business move, and drive future sales to the Mac Platform. If I have to buy a new computer to get software, then I might migrate. I think it is time for Apple with its huge cash reserve, and great older hardware to come back to the loyal user base and support their systems. It should be a badge of honor that we are still using systems that are 8,9,10 years old. While other manufacturers struggle to make hardware in the laptop area that even last 2-3 years. I have been with Apple a long time getting my first Apple II+ in 1982. So 40 years now. To me they have the eco system. And even if I don't buy a new laptop, I use other products like iPhones, iPads, Apple watches. Anyway I may be ranting and preaching to the choir. They have the software already built, and could put it in the App Store easily and possibly charge a nominal fee of a few bucks. That would be a revolution in the Computer business, like their original Mac Advertisement's promise.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2022 11:58 AM in response to Niel

Okay. It seems like they don't want us to download older versions that would work. However, I was thinking with the shortage of chips, the ongoing issues of landfills full of old computers, and the drive for a greener future, plus the fact that Apple computers, and especially laptops outlast the competition, that Apple would start to embrace the use of older hardware, by making older versions of Apple software available. It would be a very smart business move, and drive future sales to the Mac Platform. If I have to buy a new computer to get software, then I might migrate. I think it is time for Apple with its huge cash reserve, and great older hardware to come back to the loyal user base and support their systems. It should be a badge of honor that we are still using systems that are 8,9,10 years old. While other manufacturers struggle to make hardware in the laptop area that even last 2-3 years. I have been with Apple a long time getting my first Apple II+ in 1982. So 40 years now. To me they have the eco system. And even if I don't buy a new laptop, I use other products like iPhones, iPads, Apple watches. Anyway I may be ranting and preaching to the choir. They have the software already built, and could put it in the App Store easily and possibly charge a nominal fee of a few bucks. That would be a revolution in the Computer business, like their original Mac Advertisement's promise.

Software for MacOS 10….

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.