Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband not launching

GarageBand unexpectedly quit while trying to use the Audio Unit “Hybrid_x64” by “AIR Music Technology”.

This is the message I get. I manually removed all plug ins from Akai (air music technology) re- installed GarageBand and I get the same message. Any ideas? Please let me know. Thanks.

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 11:43 AM

Found it... You must manually delete a file that AIR installed in your Mac's system audio Library directory.

Follow the Apple instructions at... https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201532

Then move the hybrid.components file to the trash.

You can first do a Show Info on the file to confirm that it is from AIR Technologies. It is pretty old, around 2014 or so I think, so it needs updating.

After deleting the file, restart GarageBand.

I just got the Akai MPK Mini and found that the software doesn't seem to work on a Mac, including the MPK setup editor software that you use to configure the Mini. I suppose I'll try see if it works in Windows... Hey ho...

Good Luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2022 11:43 AM in response to cacciamai

Found it... You must manually delete a file that AIR installed in your Mac's system audio Library directory.

Follow the Apple instructions at... https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201532

Then move the hybrid.components file to the trash.

You can first do a Show Info on the file to confirm that it is from AIR Technologies. It is pretty old, around 2014 or so I think, so it needs updating.

After deleting the file, restart GarageBand.

I just got the Akai MPK Mini and found that the software doesn't seem to work on a Mac, including the MPK setup editor software that you use to configure the Mini. I suppose I'll try see if it works in Windows... Hey ho...

Good Luck!

Garageband not launching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.