Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

camera not working

Camera not working MacBook Pro monterey

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 1:01 PM

If your built-in camera isn’t working on your Mac. 

5 replies

Jan 27, 2022 7:00 PM in response to acaciaCA

I have had the same issue. I have tried all the steps and nothing has worked. my MacBook Pro is pretty new and the camera only stopped working a couple of weeks ago randomly. I also have the MacOS Monterey.

It seems odd that two computers have both gotten the same issue around the same time with no pre existing issues. Is there a bug in with the software update that could be effecting our computers?

Jan 27, 2022 8:20 PM in response to Lucybon

I actually got great help from a few phone calls and chats with Apple support. I had a history of my camera not working when my computer was fresh out of the box. Reinstalled the OS at that time and it seemed ok until now. The solution to my current issue was a conflict with my security system. Once I de installed that, my camera worked. Apple tech said I should talk to that company about reconfiguring the settings. Thanks for the encouragement from this forum.

camera not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.