Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macos 11, how to prevent icons showing up on desktop?

Greetings,

The desktop has odd icons that I didn't put there. "today", "yesterday".

When I try to delete these items, it seems to remove other files from my desktop.

Luckily I noticed missing files before emptying trash.

I don't care what these items are, I just want to find a way to delete them and don't want them to affect any other files on my computer.

I looked around in Finder Preferences and didn't see anything relevant. searched the web and the forum a little and didn't find any article that seemed relevant.

any suggests appreciated.

thank you!

jeffery

--

MacOS 11.6.2

MBPro from 2020.

my rant...

I was forced to upgrade to macOS 11 a week ago.

unfortunately, it has a plethora of annoyances, a variety of useful and core features removed, and i haven't found a single improvement yet.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 5:24 PM

Sounds like Stacks grouped by some Date.

Ctrl-click on the Desktop and disable Use Stacks.

unfortunately, it has a plethora of annoyances, a variety of useful and core features removed, and i haven't found a single improvement yet.

I haven't found any annoyances and I think it has much better features than Big Sur.

I seem to remember Stacks was introduced in Big Sur.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2022 5:24 PM in response to Jeffery Nunes

Sounds like Stacks grouped by some Date.

Ctrl-click on the Desktop and disable Use Stacks.

I haven't found any annoyances and I think it has much better features than Big Sur.

I seem to remember Stacks was introduced in Big Sur.

macos 11, how to prevent icons showing up on desktop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.