Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Command button commands not doing correct action.

I just upgraded from my 2018 MacBook Pro to a 2021 MacBook Pro, both were running macOS Monterey at the time of transfer. On my old computer, I could use Command-C/V for Copy/Paste, as well as others like Shift-Command-3/4/5 for screenshot options. However, once I started using my new Mac, these only type math symbols instead of performing their commands. I use a logitech bluetooth keyboard that has a dedicated Command key to fit in with Macs. I need to be able to copy and paste text, not type ç√‹›fi and other useless symbols.

To fix this I have already tried going into Keyboard-Modifier Keys to verify that the keys are actually set to their correct commands, I have verified that the screenshot commands are still the same, everything I could possibly find on the internet and nothing has worked. I really need to be able to use these commands but I have no idea where to go from here.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 4:42 PM

Rogue_66 wrote:

I just upgraded from my 2018 MacBook Pro to a 2021 MacBook Pro, both were running macOS Monterey at the time of transfer. On my old computer, I could use Command-C/V for Copy/Paste, as well as others like Shift-Command-3/4/5 for screenshot options. However, once I started using my new Mac, these only type math symbols instead of performing their commands. I use a logitech bluetooth keyboard that has a dedicated Command key to fit in with Macs. I need to be able to copy and paste text, not type ç√‹›fi and other useless symbols.

To fix this I have already tried going into Keyboard-Modifier Keys to verify that the keys are actually set to their correct commands, I have verified that the screenshot commands are still the same, everything I could possibly find on the internet and nothing has worked. I really need to be able to use these commands but I have no idea where to go from here.

M1 SoC MacBook Pro—

I would first un-pair the external keyboard and then test the internal MBP keyboard is working as expected...

Set up your Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, or Magic ...

Magic Keyboard with Touch ID - Apple Support

search the Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility for your third party device

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2022 4:42 PM in response to Rogue_66

Rogue_66 wrote:

M1 SoC MacBook Pro—

I would first un-pair the external keyboard and then test the internal MBP keyboard is working as expected...

Set up your Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, or Magic ...

Magic Keyboard with Touch ID - Apple Support

search the Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility for your third party device

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/

Command button commands not doing correct action.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.