Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use new windows keyboard with Macbook Pro?

Hello Community!

I just purchased a mechanical keyboard from Amazon and I am wondering how I set it up. The keyboard is wired so it does work for typing on my Macbook Pro, however there is a 'windows/some sort of symbol' where Apple's command key usually is but when I click it, it doesn't function as so. Is there a way I can adjust/edit the keyboard so that the window's button on the left side of the keyboard becomes a command key? Also the control button on the left side doesn't function as a control key, I am unable to copy/paste/etc.

I usually use the fn key on my Macbook as a shortcut to the emoji's keyboard when hit twice

I would also like to be able to use copy/paste functions using the left sides keyboard.

Also, is it possible to use the PrtScn button as a shortcut to take screenshots?

Please help assist me with these issues and if you have any other advice that could help make this experience better!

I will attach a picture of my new keyboard, it is 104 keys Basaltech typewriter keyboard.

Thank you in advance! Happy Holidays!

iMac 21.5″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 9:37 AM

The windows key should normally function as command. Have you checked with the support of the people who made the keyboard?

https://support.apple.com/en-by/guide/mac-help/cpmh0152/mac

Similar questions

1 reply

How to use new windows keyboard with Macbook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.