Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do recipients receive blank text bubble instead of pictures or videos on Mac Messages app?

I can receive pictures videos etc on my Mac but whenever I send anything it goes through on my side and shows in my message app but the person just receives a blank text bubble. I had this issue on my last Mac and recently updated to a new one today and still the same issue. Anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 6:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 10:28 AM

No its Apple users and iMessage that I've tried. I have even tried sending pictures from Mac to my iPhone and I just receive blank text bubbles as well. I have tried air dropping pictures from my camera roll on my phone to my Mac and then send them back through the Messages app but still just receive a blank text bubble. I have tried gifs I've downloaded, jpegs from my computer, mp4s and nothing is received on the other end. It will Show on my side but not for the recipient.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2022 10:28 AM in response to lllaass

No its Apple users and iMessage that I've tried. I have even tried sending pictures from Mac to my iPhone and I just receive blank text bubbles as well. I have tried air dropping pictures from my camera roll on my phone to my Mac and then send them back through the Messages app but still just receive a blank text bubble. I have tried gifs I've downloaded, jpegs from my computer, mp4s and nothing is received on the other end. It will Show on my side but not for the recipient.

Why do recipients receive blank text bubble instead of pictures or videos on Mac Messages app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.