Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Free Music subscription

I subscribed Apple Music in a month ago when I was in Hong King ; and I will be free to use for six months. But now I emigrated to UK and I’m thinking to update my Apple ID’s region according.

May I ask will my free subscription be continued after region is changed from HK to UK? Thanks.

HomePod mini, 15

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 7:50 PM

Click here and ask the iTunes Store staff. Unless they say otherwise, no; you'll need to cancel it to change countries.

(212612)

2 replies

Jan 21, 2022 9:59 PM in response to ChrisL852

Hey ChrisL852.

Most likely not. Apple provides one free trial period per Apple ID, and once that trial period is finished or cancelled, it's not eligible to receive another trial to Apple Music. You'll be required to cancel your subscriptions prior to switching countries, and when you sign up for Apple Music again, it'll be a paid membership. Whether or not Apple makes any exceptions to this, you'll have to check with them - but this is the general expectation you should have prior to switching countries.

Cheers!

Free Music subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.