Apple Music Subscription when switching Apple ID Regions

I have recently moved to Canada from the U.S. and have my itunes store and apple ID set to the US. Will I lose all of the music downloaded to my phone, as part of my apple music subscription, if I cancel my subscription in order to change my region? Is there anyway to change your region without cancelling the apple music subscription?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 12:11 PM

The article "Change your Apple ID country or region" describes how to change your country setting on everything using your Apple ID, and the requirements and results of doing this --> Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

"Redownload your apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books on any devices that you might use to play or read them in the future. Some types of content might not be available in your new country or region. (Learn what types of content and services are available in your new country or region. - Availability of Apple Media Services - Apple Support )"

As for the subscription, you will be required to start a brand new subscription. Apple Music streaming content and downloads for offline use will stop working and playlists will be gone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2023 12:11 PM in response to Coatesk

The article "Change your Apple ID country or region" describes how to change your country setting on everything using your Apple ID, and the requirements and results of doing this --> Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

"Redownload your apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books on any devices that you might use to play or read them in the future. Some types of content might not be available in your new country or region. (Learn what types of content and services are available in your new country or region. - Availability of Apple Media Services - Apple Support )"

As for the subscription, you will be required to start a brand new subscription. Apple Music streaming content and downloads for offline use will stop working and playlists will be gone.

Apple Music Subscription when switching Apple ID Regions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.