Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

change of Region & Apple Music

I just relocated to another country. So I want to change the region on my iPhone settings but it keeps saying that I should cancel my apple music subscription 1st. And I just paid for an annual subscription in my former country(it’s barely been 2 months since I paid). I also fear loosing all those songs on my apple music. It’s a lot of them and I don’t want to cancel my sub and register again and not having any of my songs there

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 26, 2019 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2019 6:52 AM

You cannot change the region for your Apple ID while you have active subscriptions.

You cannot change the region for your Apple ID while you have account balance for your Apple ID.

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

Canceling a subscription would normally result in expiration at the end of the normal billing period. You can ask the iTunes Store staff to have the subscription expire immediately for the purpose of changing the region sooner.

You can ask the iTunes Store staff for restitution for the remainder of the current subscription fees, given your special situation.

When you re-subscribe with the new region setting within 30 days of expiration, then you should get your old iCloud Music Library back. The exception is tracks that are not available/licensed in Apple Music in the new country. Which tracks will be available and which do not, depends on the artist and their record company and if they applied for distribution in those regions.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2019 6:52 AM in response to ijeomaJmin01

You cannot change the region for your Apple ID while you have active subscriptions.

You cannot change the region for your Apple ID while you have account balance for your Apple ID.

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

Canceling a subscription would normally result in expiration at the end of the normal billing period. You can ask the iTunes Store staff to have the subscription expire immediately for the purpose of changing the region sooner.

You can ask the iTunes Store staff for restitution for the remainder of the current subscription fees, given your special situation.

When you re-subscribe with the new region setting within 30 days of expiration, then you should get your old iCloud Music Library back. The exception is tracks that are not available/licensed in Apple Music in the new country. Which tracks will be available and which do not, depends on the artist and their record company and if they applied for distribution in those regions.

change of Region & Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.