Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation Lock

My 2yo daughter disabled my Ipad that led to the activation lock. After removing the device (without erasing) in Icloud, the activation lock is still on and when I try to log in the apple id that I used to set up my Ipad, it says Incorrect Apple, cannot be used to unlock this Ipad. I already changed password and everything but still no use. It is really frustrating and losing my patience. Please, what other ways can I do? I am the original owner, it was given to me year 2013 without the purchase receipt.

iPad mini 6 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 9:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 9:42 PM

Hi Ghi23. If your two year old disabled your iPad, it sounds like your iPad may be disabled due to too many attempts at entering the passcode on the lock screen. Please correct me if this assumption is incorrect. If your iPad is disabled for this reason, Apple provides the following resource which can help with regaining access to your iPad: If you forgot your iPad passcode

Note: This process deletes your data and settings, including your passcode, giving you access to set up your iPad again.

After you erase your iPad, you can restore your data and settings from backup. If you didn't back up your iPad, you can set it up as a new device and then download any data that you have in iCloud.

Good luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2022 9:42 PM in response to Ghi23

Hi Ghi23. If your two year old disabled your iPad, it sounds like your iPad may be disabled due to too many attempts at entering the passcode on the lock screen. Please correct me if this assumption is incorrect. If your iPad is disabled for this reason, Apple provides the following resource which can help with regaining access to your iPad: If you forgot your iPad passcode

Note: This process deletes your data and settings, including your passcode, giving you access to set up your iPad again.

After you erase your iPad, you can restore your data and settings from backup. If you didn't back up your iPad, you can set it up as a new device and then download any data that you have in iCloud.

Good luck!

Jan 24, 2022 11:30 PM in response to The_Matman

Hi The_Matman! Tried to restore the Ipad just now. After restoring, "HELLO" appeared on the screen but then ended up in the Activation Lock again :( it's still not accepting the Apple ID I used to set up for the first time. I really wonder why it's not turning off even when I changed the password and removed it from my device. But thank you for the help, though :)

Activation Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.