Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did you change how to add music from itunes to the phone?

Its a click and drag feature now? That's stupid! I have a boat load of songs and to add the specific ones I want would require more work than before. I would have to make a playlist and then carefully add the songs, make sure I'm not double loading, and then drag it onto the iPhone. This seems so stupid. Is there a way or setting that I missed, please inform me.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 11:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 3:00 AM

I didn't change anything. This is a user-to-user forum, you're not talking to Apple here.

ImHeretoComplain wrote:

Its a click and drag feature now?

You can still use Sync to manage an iPod.

Perhaps, if you describe the issue that you're having, someone could offer a suggestion. There's no way to know what you've missed until you offer us some detail about the problem.

The very first thing to find out from you is which version of iTunes you're using and which version of Windows you are running. If you're on a Mac, then which version of its operating system is it using? Next, can you confirm the information in the "signature strip" of your post; are you using an iPhone 12 with iOS 15 on it?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2022 3:00 AM in response to ImHeretoComplain

I didn't change anything. This is a user-to-user forum, you're not talking to Apple here.

ImHeretoComplain wrote:

Its a click and drag feature now?

You can still use Sync to manage an iPod.

Perhaps, if you describe the issue that you're having, someone could offer a suggestion. There's no way to know what you've missed until you offer us some detail about the problem.

The very first thing to find out from you is which version of iTunes you're using and which version of Windows you are running. If you're on a Mac, then which version of its operating system is it using? Next, can you confirm the information in the "signature strip" of your post; are you using an iPhone 12 with iOS 15 on it?

Jan 22, 2022 2:56 AM in response to ImHeretoComplain

You've posted in iTunes for Windows, but presumably are complaining about Music in macOS 10.15 Catalina or later. To my mind syncing with selected playlists has always been a more efficient and powerful approach than manual management. If the same song appears in multiple lists, or is duplicated within a list, only one copy is transferred to the device, and when you add songs to regular lists you will usually get a confirmation prompt if you try to add a particular song more than once.

BTW you're speaking to fellow users here, not Apple.

tt2

Jan 22, 2022 4:02 AM in response to the fiend

Hello,

Thank you for your answers. I was under the impression I was talking to Apple, clearly. But in looking for the information you were suggesting I found what I was looking for. Im not sure why it wasn't a defaulted option.

Preferences ->List View Checkboxes

I feel silly because it was obvious, had I just been a little more patient. On the older versions of iTunes, I never had to check this, it was always available for me. Again, not sure it wasn't a default option, but I was able to fix it. By going through my list and checking off these boxes, I can ensure I know what songs are going onto the phone without having to worry about adding multiple songs to a playlist.

Thank you for your help!

Why did you change how to add music from itunes to the phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.