Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music Playlist Transfer

Hi. I have created a Playlist in iTunes (190 songs). My problem is, when I attempt to copy the playlist onto the iphone by dragging and dropping it, iTunes starts to try and transfer every song in my library (approx 4000 songs) to my phone.

Any idea how I can stop this happening or why it's happening? I've recently changed phone to an iphone12.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 11:20 AM

Perhaps you have set iTunes to synchronise your entire music library to the phone.

Your options are possibly:

• let everything sync to your phone, but play only the playlist if that's what you prefer
  • change your Sync settings to Sync Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres, which allows you to choose exactly what you want to add to the phone, i.e. that specific playlist. This is useful if you wish to minimise the storage used on the device
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2021 11:20 AM in response to CPatterson73

Perhaps you have set iTunes to synchronise your entire music library to the phone.

Your options are possibly:

• let everything sync to your phone, but play only the playlist if that's what you prefer
  • change your Sync settings to Sync Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres, which allows you to choose exactly what you want to add to the phone, i.e. that specific playlist. This is useful if you wish to minimise the storage used on the device

Music Playlist Transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.