Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes playlists (windows 10) not appearing on iPhone 11 Pro Max

I use a PC with Windows 10. I also have an iPhone 11 Pro Max.

I have four music playlists on iTunes on the PC. The playlist files are all .m3u files. The song files are all .mp3 files.

The song files sync to my iPhone, but the playlist files do not. I haven't found a fix browsing the web that doesn't require downloading a third-party app, which I'm reluctant to do.

Can anyone help?

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 7:56 AM

iTunes stores its playlists internally in the iTunes Library.itl database. .m3u playlist files can be imported to the library, but they're not referenced again after import, and iPhone has no support for them. See Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support. When you sync content from iTunes to your device you can choose which playlists to include in the sync.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2022 7:56 AM in response to bertfromstafford

iTunes stores its playlists internally in the iTunes Library.itl database. .m3u playlist files can be imported to the library, but they're not referenced again after import, and iPhone has no support for them. See Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support. When you sync content from iTunes to your device you can choose which playlists to include in the sync.

tt2

iTunes playlists (windows 10) not appearing on iPhone 11 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.