Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alternative player

Asking for opinions concerning an alternative player that would perform as well as Itunes for my Ipod touch. I run Win11. I'm not at all techy. Basically, an end user that knows enough to get by.

Thanks

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 1:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 3:06 AM

Both the Apple and the Microsoft store versions of iTunes are Apple products, but with the Apple direct version you have to check for and download any updates for it. The version from the Microsoft Store updates automatically and you need do nothing.

There appear to be very subtle differences between the two, but I can't say I know what they are. I made a conscious decision to download the version direct from Apple.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2022 3:06 AM in response to cjd112

Both the Apple and the Microsoft store versions of iTunes are Apple products, but with the Apple direct version you have to check for and download any updates for it. The version from the Microsoft Store updates automatically and you need do nothing.

There appear to be very subtle differences between the two, but I can't say I know what they are. I made a conscious decision to download the version direct from Apple.

Jan 22, 2022 2:24 AM in response to cjd112

You could try Media Monkey (MM) although it definitely has issues that are not present in iTunes, so whether you will consider it's performance as good as iTunes will be up to you to decide. It's supposed to be able to Sync with the iPod Touch, although there are two caveats:

1. In October 2021 Media Monkey's support stated that in order for MM to be able to synchronise with the iPod, iTunes need to be installed on the computer as well. To be specific, it's the Apple Mobile Device Driver that needs to be installed, but if you're not that technical, it might be easier to install the full iTunes
    2. iTunes was designed to work with iPods by the same company that makes the iPod. Media Monkey is not

Perhaps you should first try addressing any issue that you have with iTunes.

Alternative player

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.