Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spotlight search not working

Hi, the search function in my iPhone suddenly stopped working. Both the spotlight search and the search box in the settings. I tried most of the solutions from the internet (uninstalling shortcuts app, restoring the iphone, etc.). It's certainly an iOS bug because if I change the region in the settings, then the search starts working, but just for 2-3 times. Then it's gone again and all I see is a blank screen with no results...

Has anybody had a similar issue and found a permanent solution? I'm on iOS 15.2.1, iPhone 11 pro. Thanks

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 2:58 AM

The same issue here, tried many of the suggested solutions… the problem still reappears. And it’s extremely limiting the functionality of iPhone…

Similar questions

14 replies

Mar 27, 2022 5:43 AM in response to danny1822x

I face the same problem. Neither the spotlight, nor the search in messages work. Went through all recommended steps (incl. reset, change of language, disactivate search in recently downloaded apps, reset of all settings) - nothing helped.

I noticed that after restarting the spotlight would work for couple of searches / minutes. Also when typing in app name, it would sometimes (very rarely) find it after longer period. To me this looks like a memory problem.

Jan 23, 2022 12:52 PM in response to danny1822x

Hi there danny1822x,

We understand you're not seeing the expected results when searching your iPhone. We're glad you've taken the time to connect with us here in Apple Support Communities, and we'd like to learn more to see how we can help.

To begin, if you go to Settings > Siri & Search, then tap on one of your more frequently used apps, do you see that Show App in Search and Show Content in Search are both enabled? Have a look at the 'Change search settings' section of this link to learn more:

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also, you mentioned restoring your iPhone to try to resolve the issue. Did you set it up as a new device afterwards or did you restore from a backup?

Send over these details, and we'll take a closer look from there.

Cheers!

May 12, 2022 9:05 AM in response to danny1822x

Good day,

I'm from Algeria and still facing same issue on my iphone 13 Pro IOS 15.4.1

Something strange, In FRANCE spotlight were working great but when I returned back in ALGERIA it's stopped working ?

What's wrong why SPOTLIGHT search does not works in some countries like ALGERIA ?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Best Regards

Spotlight search not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.