You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I maximize my window WITHOUT it removing the status bar at the top and the doc at the bottom?

I'm mainly a Windows user and I got my first Mac OS device 2 years ago and up to this day, I still don't know how to do the normal Windows way of maximizing windows. Please help me. Thank you so much!

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 9:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 9:26 AM

GigaHertzzz wrote:

I'm mainly a Windows user and I got my first Mac OS device 2 years ago and up to this day, I still don't know how to do the normal Windows way of maximizing windows. Please help me. Thank you so much!

hold the Option key use the green pill button in the upper left of the application window. This maximize screen real estate without going into full screen mode.

Use Mission Control on your Mac - Apple Support

>System Preferences>General

>System Preferences>Dock & Menubar

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 22, 2022 9:26 AM in response to GigaHertzzz

GigaHertzzz wrote:

hold the Option key use the green pill button in the upper left of the application window. This maximize screen real estate without going into full screen mode.

Use Mission Control on your Mac - Apple Support

>System Preferences>General

>System Preferences>Dock & Menubar

How do I maximize my window WITHOUT it removing the status bar at the top and the doc at the bottom?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.