Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I control keynote on an iPad Air with my Apple Watch?

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 6:02 PM

Hello,

You can on your iPad through the Apple Watch's paired iPhone. This article gives the instructions.

Use a remote to control a Keynote presentation - Apple Support

"You must first set up iPhone to be a remote control for iPad, as described above, and Keynote must be installed on Apple Watch and its companion iPhone. To install Keynote on Apple Watch, update the companion iPhone to the latest version of Keynote. Then on Apple Watch, confirm the Keynote installation.

Important: For best results, set Apple Watch to wake and display Keynote when you raise your wrist during the presentation. On Apple Watch, go to Settings, tap General, tap Activate on Wrist Raise, and turn on Wrist Raise. Then tap Last Used App (swipe up to see it).

1. Open the presentation on iPad.
  2. On Apple Watch, press the Digital Crown, tap  to open Keynote, then tap .
  3. To control the presentation, do any of the following:
    • Advance to the next slide or build: Tap .
  • Return to the previous slide: Press firmly on the watch display, then tap .
  • The Apple Watch screen updates to display both the Forward and Back buttons. To return to the previous slide when both buttons appear, tap .
    • If you stop and restart the presentation, or if Apple Watch goes to sleep and then wakes up, the Apple Watch screen redisplays only the Forward button. To return to the previous slide on the presentation device and to the two-button screen on Apple Watch, press firmly on the watch display, then tap .
    • Stop playing the presentation: Press firmly on the watch display, then tap .
  1. If you followed the directions in the introduction to this task, Keynote appears whenever you raise your wrist to control the presentation from Apple Watch.

To close Keynote on Apple Watch, press the Digital Crown."

I hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2022 6:02 PM in response to MisterB2

Hello,

You can on your iPad through the Apple Watch's paired iPhone. This article gives the instructions.

Use a remote to control a Keynote presentation - Apple Support

"You must first set up iPhone to be a remote control for iPad, as described above, and Keynote must be installed on Apple Watch and its companion iPhone. To install Keynote on Apple Watch, update the companion iPhone to the latest version of Keynote. Then on Apple Watch, confirm the Keynote installation.

Important: For best results, set Apple Watch to wake and display Keynote when you raise your wrist during the presentation. On Apple Watch, go to Settings, tap General, tap Activate on Wrist Raise, and turn on Wrist Raise. Then tap Last Used App (swipe up to see it).

1. Open the presentation on iPad.
  2. On Apple Watch, press the Digital Crown, tap  to open Keynote, then tap .
  3. To control the presentation, do any of the following:
    • Advance to the next slide or build: Tap .
  • Return to the previous slide: Press firmly on the watch display, then tap .
  • The Apple Watch screen updates to display both the Forward and Back buttons. To return to the previous slide when both buttons appear, tap .
    • If you stop and restart the presentation, or if Apple Watch goes to sleep and then wakes up, the Apple Watch screen redisplays only the Forward button. To return to the previous slide on the presentation device and to the two-button screen on Apple Watch, press firmly on the watch display, then tap .
    • Stop playing the presentation: Press firmly on the watch display, then tap .
  1. If you followed the directions in the introduction to this task, Keynote appears whenever you raise your wrist to control the presentation from Apple Watch.

To close Keynote on Apple Watch, press the Digital Crown."

I hope this helps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.