Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

webbookmarksd, backboardd.wakeups, JetsamEvent analytics logs persistant hacking

For over a year now every iPhone I have owned has had these analytics logs which will not go away under any circumstance, no matter how many times I factory reset the phone. I have tried DFU mode restoring each phone probably at least 400 times each time trying different strategies to get this malware off my phone and nothing has worked, same with every other possible way of restoring/repairing an iPhone, I have made countless brand new Apple IDs yet they still get hacked into. Once it gets on there it just stays and will not leave. The first analytics log is called “ExcUserFault_webbookmarksd”, shortly after a second log will pop up called “backboardd.wakeups_resource” and the third one sometimes takes awhile longer but inevitably shows up as well called “JetsamEvent”. This most recent time it happened on a brand new iPhone 12 with iOS 15.2.1 I did not even put a SIM card in the phone, didn’t connect to it to home wifi network, had never plugged it into anything except a wall outlet, didn’t visit any websites, and didn’t use an Apple ID. Literally took every single precaution physically possible so that this malware could not breach my new phone and yet somehow it did. It does not make any sense, I know that this is the work of hacking I’m not stupid. I just don’t understand what I’m supposed to do except not own a phone. It has many other symptoms including the phone’s UI and font change and look hella ugly compared to a normal iPhone. Secondly, the phone’s brightness and colour are changing every second the screen will go from orange to blue to green and the backlight will dim and then go brighter again. The device gives off a high pitched scream 24/7 out of the phones speakers at the very limit of the human hearing range. Safari crashes every second time I try to open it. Also the device becomes about 10 times slower and can’t even do normal tasks. It also spreads itself to any computer that you plug it into via usb. I am so cautious and paranoid with every single thing I do or did on any of these phones yet still every one of my thousands of attempts of to prevent it or remove it from the phone proved useless. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 2:05 PM

All iPhones have analytics. All of them. Analytics are intended for Apple to identify and resolve issues on the iPhone.

All of the items you’ve cited are not indications of hacking.

Analytics tend to by cryptic, and the expected and normal volume of chatter makes manual review entirely impractical, particularly when you don’t have a specific target to look for; for specific indications of compromise.

Seems there might be a latent hardware issue with the iPhone, however.

Make an appointment with Apple, and bring it in for a look.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2022 2:05 PM in response to timk1745

All iPhones have analytics. All of them. Analytics are intended for Apple to identify and resolve issues on the iPhone.

All of the items you’ve cited are not indications of hacking.

Analytics tend to by cryptic, and the expected and normal volume of chatter makes manual review entirely impractical, particularly when you don’t have a specific target to look for; for specific indications of compromise.

Seems there might be a latent hardware issue with the iPhone, however.

Make an appointment with Apple, and bring it in for a look.

Jan 22, 2022 10:24 PM in response to timk1745

ALL iPhones will always have analytics logs, these are used by Apple technicians if you have to take/send your iPhone in for service. Without access to Apple in-house software there is no way for a user to read those logs and they do not contain anything about hacking.

So if you want your iPhone checked out click on the Get Support link at the top right of this page and start the service process.

webbookmarksd, backboardd.wakeups, JetsamEvent analytics logs persistant hacking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.