Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my phone infected with spyware? something else?

Hi all. Recently (As in the past few hours) my iPhone 11 has been glitching out. A few notable events of things being weird:

• I received a 15 second long voicemail from an unknown, non-local number. However, i did not receive a missed call. It wasn't a telemarketer as the voicemail was nothing but silence.
  • I was browsing on safari and when I went to click a link on a legitimate news site, it opened up a completely different website for a missing child. When I closed the tab and reopened the original link, it worked fine and pulled up the correct destination.
  • While also using safari, my apps started to randomly and sporadically jump between each other. I eventually was able to start a screen recording so that I could demonstrate what was going on. Towards the end of the video, I am attempting to slide down the control center to stop the recording but it keeps shooting back up. That was the only time i touched my screen during that video.

I recently dropped my phone and now have a few cracks in the screen, but nothing major. Is it possible that the damage is causing the screen to act so oddly? Or is my phone cloned?

There might be a simple explanation for all of this, so I apologize if I am missing something obvious, but I am a bit worried that I am being spied on.

Thanks for any help.

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 7:18 PM

Unless you let someone have full physical access to the unlocked iphone to install anything on it, you do not have spyware.

There is no known way hack an iPhone, or install anything on it remotely.

Since you dropped it and cracked the screen, its very possible the screen digitizer got damaged and is causing phantom touches which cause the weird behavior.

Take it to Apple to get it diagnosed and fixed.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2021 7:18 PM in response to JohnGaylor59

Unless you let someone have full physical access to the unlocked iphone to install anything on it, you do not have spyware.

There is no known way hack an iPhone, or install anything on it remotely.

Since you dropped it and cracked the screen, its very possible the screen digitizer got damaged and is causing phantom touches which cause the weird behavior.

Take it to Apple to get it diagnosed and fixed.

Is my phone infected with spyware? something else?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.