Has my phone been hacked?

Over the last few days I’ve had some weird issues with my iPhone XR touchscreen. Sometimes it swipes and clicks on it’s own. It doesn’t do anything weird like delete apps or send messages or something like that, and it’s only when I’m actively using my phone that it does this. I’ve already left my phone unlocked and on for an hour to see if it does anything, but nothing happens, so it’s only when I’m actively using the screen. One thing that was really weird to me was when I started researching it. I went to safari and googled ghost touch, and when I was reading an article about it it just switched to another website, as if it didn’t want me to read about ghost touch. It didn’t switch to a weird website though, just one of a local store I trust and visit often, it’s in my safari favourites. but when that happened I got so scared I factory reset my phone. I don’t think this can be a hacker but I’m not sure. Please help.

iPhone XR

Posted on May 24, 2023 9:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2023 9:07 PM

Everything that you are telling us indicates that the touch screen is starting to have problems. Make an appointment at the Apple Store or take the phone to an authorized Apple Service shop to let them investigate.

Find Locations

3 replies

May 24, 2023 9:22 PM in response to koen270

koen270 Said:

"Has my phone been hacked?: Over the last few days I’ve had some weird issues with my iPhone XR touchscreen. Sometimes it swipes and clicks on its own.[...] One thing that was really weird to me was when I started researching it. I went to safari and googled ghost touch[...]"

-------

Clear the Caches:

Clear "System Data"/"Other":

Clear the storage named "System Data" (formerly called "Other"). It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use.

Has my phone been hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.