Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera Quality in Macbook M1

My M1 Mac's Camera quality is awful. It has a grainy texture and very blurry! And when i got to the Service centre, they told me that it is as such in all M1 macs.

Is it really like that in all new MacBooks?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 11:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 12:45 AM

TheLittles Said:

"As I said, 'i got to the service centre and they told me that it is as such in all M1 Macs.' So now, should i go again and ask for a replacement? :[...]For now its working fine but i still have webcam issue & they did nothing for it. :(]"

-------

Yes. Apple won't just blow it off. If it is a know issue, then they ought fix it. So, send it in a second time. Thing is, all hardware on a Mac is built in as one device.

A little bit of a story for you: My 2017 MBP's screen went dead and I sent it in every time --ending in 11 send ins. Eventually I wan granted a free upgraded Mac, being I was so patient and respectful to Apple (in recognition of how not all customers are respectful and helpful on a bug). So, send this in 11 times (seems ridiculous, but so) and maybe they'll do the same for you. So, be Cool, Calm, and Collective, and you might just luck out like I did.

Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: Report this issue to Apple. It occurred an M1 Mac --something they(the engineers) should be made aware of. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what fixes to include in hardware and updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - MacBook - Apple Support
  2. Select: "Performance" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this something that has been reported as an issue on "all M1 Macs"). Include a link to this thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253596210?login=true
  4. Proceed from there as necessary
9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2022 12:45 AM in response to 007jarvis

TheLittles Said:

"As I said, 'i got to the service centre and they told me that it is as such in all M1 Macs.' So now, should i go again and ask for a replacement? :[...]For now its working fine but i still have webcam issue & they did nothing for it. :(]"

-------

Yes. Apple won't just blow it off. If it is a know issue, then they ought fix it. So, send it in a second time. Thing is, all hardware on a Mac is built in as one device.

A little bit of a story for you: My 2017 MBP's screen went dead and I sent it in every time --ending in 11 send ins. Eventually I wan granted a free upgraded Mac, being I was so patient and respectful to Apple (in recognition of how not all customers are respectful and helpful on a bug). So, send this in 11 times (seems ridiculous, but so) and maybe they'll do the same for you. So, be Cool, Calm, and Collective, and you might just luck out like I did.

Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: Report this issue to Apple. It occurred an M1 Mac --something they(the engineers) should be made aware of. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what fixes to include in hardware and updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - MacBook - Apple Support
  2. Select: "Performance" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this something that has been reported as an issue on "all M1 Macs"). Include a link to this thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253596210?login=true
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Jan 23, 2022 1:32 AM in response to 007jarvis

007jarvis Said:

"Camera Quality in Macbook M1"

-------

Q1. "Okay, I have sent a feedback."

A1. Thank you for doing you part in giving feedback. It will help many for certain.

Q2. "Will go for 3rd time to the centre. I hope they do something this time itself and won't ask for another 8 send ins."

A2. Sounds like a plan! Excellent job troubleshooting.

Q3."https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253596237 Please read this thread once It says that this deficiency was noted in reviews of Mac"

A3. Thanks for the updated link to that post. A great reference.

Jan 22, 2022 11:54 PM in response to 007jarvis

007jarvis Said:

"Camera Quality in Macbook M1: My M1 Mac's Camera quality is awful. It has a grainy texture and very blurry! And when i got to the Service centre, they told me that it is as such in all M1 macs. Is it really like that in all new MacBooks?"

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

If it is giving you camera issues, and it is less than 1 year old, or covered under AppleCare+, then it may be able to be deemed a Faulty Drive. So, contact Apple Support, seeing if you can get this serviced.

Apple Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Jan 23, 2022 12:28 AM in response to TheLittles

As I said, "i got to the service centre and they told me that it is as such in all M1 macs."

So now, should i go again and ask for a replacement?

[ Btw i am constantly facing issues with this mac (since when i bought this in Nov) like my esc key and siri refused to work suddenly after every 2-3 days of restart and then it required another restart to get back to work. I have gone 2 times to service centre for all these issues... Now, they have installed Big Sur on this saying that esc and siri issue was due to some bug in monterey. For now its working fine but i still have webcam issue & they did nothing for it. :( ]

Also if you know, issue regarding siri and esc key is solved by any updates in monterey or not?

Camera Quality in Macbook M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.