Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help Apple TV 4K box not functioning.

I have been using this device without issue for about 6 months and then it suddenly turns itself off while I was using it.

I have been met with the blinking light on the unit and no signal being put out.

I have tried unplugging everything from the device (over night) and I am still met with the blinking light when I re power it.

I have tried holding down menu/play buttons and also menu/home button. Sometimes this will change the speed of the flashing lights. Other times the light goes out completely and will give no response until I’ve removed it’s power supply.

Any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 4:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 7:28 AM

I have been met with the blinking light on the unit and no signal being put out.

A continuously flashing status light indicates a failure to start up properly. You may need to have the system software re-installed. Unfortunately, for the 4K model, users can’t do this themselves. Please contact Apple Support for assistance.

Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

“If you have an Apple TV 4K
If you […] see a black screen on your TV and flashing indicator light on the front of your Apple TV, contact Apple Support.”
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2022 7:28 AM in response to Pawz58

A continuously flashing status light indicates a failure to start up properly. You may need to have the system software re-installed. Unfortunately, for the 4K model, users can’t do this themselves. Please contact Apple Support for assistance.

Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

“If you have an Apple TV 4K
If you […] see a black screen on your TV and flashing indicator light on the front of your Apple TV, contact Apple Support.”

Help Apple TV 4K box not functioning.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.