Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Formatting notes

I am unable to format the text in the notes app on my iPhone. I have read all the suggestions that have already been posted, like going to settings and making sure shortcuts are enabled (they are). I still don’t see the Aa option anywhere on my screen. I’m up to date with updates.

iPhone 5, iOS 9

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 9:00 AM

Hi tc75,

It sounds like you can't format notes on your iPhone. We're glad you've joined us in Apple Support Communities. Let's see if this helps.

Follow the advice in the section "Get started" in Use Notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. You'll want to check out the text that says "To use the latest features of Notes, make sure that you set up Notes with iCloud or have notes saved on your device. Many Notes features won't work with other email providers."

If the issue remains after following those steps, let us know what accounts you see in Settings > Notes > Accounts.

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2022 9:00 AM in response to tc75

Hi tc75,

It sounds like you can't format notes on your iPhone. We're glad you've joined us in Apple Support Communities. Let's see if this helps.

Follow the advice in the section "Get started" in Use Notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. You'll want to check out the text that says "To use the latest features of Notes, make sure that you set up Notes with iCloud or have notes saved on your device. Many Notes features won't work with other email providers."

If the issue remains after following those steps, let us know what accounts you see in Settings > Notes > Accounts.

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

Formatting notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.