Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring Mail accounts.

Hi,

Can some please advise on mail migration between Macs.

I was trying to set up my mail accounts on my new Macbook pro. I'm transferring from a Mac mini (late 2014) to macbook pro 2021. Following the youtube video link below, I managed to import mail but the "com.apple.mail.plist" has not populated the mail accounts as illustrated in the video.

Thanks

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 8:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 4:07 PM

Can't assist you on that method, but if you signed in with an Apple ID then you could use iCloud to make folders in iCloud mail and move you emails to specific organized folders stored in iCloud. I've been using this method for many years without any issues. I create many many volumes to boot from and the method has never failed me.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2022 4:07 PM in response to onny128

Can't assist you on that method, but if you signed in with an Apple ID then you could use iCloud to make folders in iCloud mail and move you emails to specific organized folders stored in iCloud. I've been using this method for many years without any issues. I create many many volumes to boot from and the method has never failed me.

Transferring Mail accounts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.