Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transfer email account to new mac

I recently purchased a new MacBook Pro laptop and would like to migrate my email accounts from my old MacBook AIR, without having to set up new accounts on the new MacBook Pro. I just want to migrate emails. Can this be done with Time Machine?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 10:40 AM

cschwarz53 wrote:

I recently purchased a new MacBook Pro laptop and would like to migrate my email accounts from my old MacBook AIR, without having to set up new accounts on the new MacBook Pro. I just want to migrate emails. Can this be done with Time Machine?

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Move content to a new Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2023 10:40 AM in response to cschwarz53

cschwarz53 wrote:

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Move content to a new Mac - Apple Support

transfer email account to new mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.