Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find iPhone backups on Mac

I tried to find ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/ on my Mac, but I don't have all of these subfolders - under Application Support, there is no subfolder for Mobile Backup. I'm selecting backups to my Mac, not iCloud. How can I find my backups? I just want to be doubly sure I'm not losing my text messages when I transfer to my new iPhone.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 4:29 PM

MLStL wrote:

No Library under Users.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/5769c9f2-57cf-4d1c-a52b-1483f040d062

The User Library is hidden by default. You can hold the Option key to see it manually.

or from above, should read :

Finder>Go>Go to Folder when you get there, copy and paste:

~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup

this is the same as Shift Command G

the drop down Menu... Finder>Go

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2022 4:29 PM in response to MLStL

MLStL wrote:

No Library under Users.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/5769c9f2-57cf-4d1c-a52b-1483f040d062

The User Library is hidden by default. You can hold the Option key to see it manually.

or from above, should read :

Finder>Go>Go to Folder when you get there, copy and paste:

this is the same as Shift Command G

the drop down Menu... Finder>Go

Jan 23, 2022 10:04 AM in response to MLStL

MLStL wrote:

I tried to find ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/ on my Mac, but I don't have all of these subfolders - under Application Support, there is no subfolder for Mobile Backup. I'm selecting backups to my Mac, not iCloud. How can I find my backups? I just want to be doubly sure I'm not losing my text messages when I transfer to my new iPhone.

Try again...

these are not user friendly subfolder if you are trying to drill down...

Finder>Go>Go To Library, copy & paste:

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod ...

Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your ...

Can't find iPhone backups on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.