I can't find my iPhone backup on my Mac.

The "storage" in System Preferences on my Mac is showing that I have two iPhone backups, one from 2023 (most recent) and one from 2017.

I would like to access the 2017 version but I do not see "mobilesync" in Finder. I've looked everywhere but I can't find it.

MacBook Pro (M2 Pro, 2023)

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 8:59 AM

telephonedude98 wrote:

The "storage" in System Preferences on my Mac is showing that I have two iPhone backups, one from 2023 (most recent) and one from 2017.

I would like to access the 2017 version but I do not see "mobilesync" in Finder. I've looked everywhere but I can't find it.

iPhone Backups

Finder>Go>Go To Folde, copy & paste:

~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup

In order to save drive space recent iOS backs are over-written, unless you manually alter the name or from Manage Backups Control click and “Archive” the backup.

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your Mac - Apple Support

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your ...

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2023 8:59 AM in response to telephonedude98

telephonedude98 wrote:

iPhone Backups

Finder>Go>Go To Folde, copy & paste:

In order to save drive space recent iOS backs are over-written, unless you manually alter the name or from Manage Backups Control click and “Archive” the backup.

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your Mac - Apple Support

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your ...

Sep 14, 2023 10:26 AM in response to telephonedude98

telephonedude98 wrote:

Got it. Thank you. Is there a way to view all these hundreds of folders?

?

These individual folders/sqlite database are not designed for you to drill down.

ref: Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup

You can look at a third party app and see if it does whatever you are hoping to do(?)...

ref: https://imazing.com/

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/

https://www.iphonebackup-extractor.com/

Sep 14, 2023 9:30 AM in response to telephonedude98

telephonedude98 wrote:

When I go to Application Support, there is no Mobile Sync. It goes straight from Microsoft to Mozilla.

? Application Support where? You do not present the complete path ...

your Mac has 3 Libraries:

~/Library

/Library

/System/Library

copy and paste the complete path as presented above(?) try again:

I can't find my iPhone backup on my Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.