Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I purchase apple care before my limited one year warranty is over and if so how much is it?

Can I purchase apple care before my limited one year warranty is over and if so how much is it?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 2:58 PM

Alternatives:

Some credit cards automatically protect purchases. If you bought with CC, you can ask.

"upsie.com" is spending much on advertising about how that are better than BestBuy or Target for product warranties. I don not use them so I cannot tell you their time limit or terms, but ...

5 replies

Jan 23, 2022 3:37 PM in response to steve359

steve359 wrote:

Alternatives:

Some credit cards automatically protect purchases. If you bought with CC, you can ask.

"upsie.com" is spending much on advertising about how that are better than BestBuy or Target for product warranties. I don not use them so I cannot tell you their time limit or terms, but ...

Their warranty would be with someone other than Apple. And if a user has a 3rd party service do any repairs on iPhone, Apple will not touch the phone in the future. So, for an iPhone not a good option.

Jan 23, 2022 4:05 PM in response to steve359

Nope. They would provide a refurbished unit and it wouldn't be refurbished with authentic Apple parts because no one but Apple or Apple Authorized Service providers have authentic parts. People come here often after using their carriers insurance who replaced a phone with a refurbished device. Only they don't have access to Apple Parts, so if something goes wrong with the phone, Apple won't touch it. It's mostly a lose lose proposition.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.