Can I purchase Apple Care after the warranty has run out?

I would like to purchase Apple Care, but it expired on August 17th. Is there any way to do this after the fact? I don't mind paying a premium but I would like to put it in place.

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 7:19 AM

In most countries and regions, you can buy AppleCare+ within 60 days of your device purchase. In Japan, you can buy AppleCare+ within 30 days of your device purchase. In China mainland, you can buy AppleCare+ on your device within 7 days of your device purchase or in an Apple Store within 60 days of your device purchase (subject to proof-of-purchase and inspection).

For help, contact Apple Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2023 7:19 AM in response to AppleMom0517

In most countries and regions, you can buy AppleCare+ within 60 days of your device purchase. In Japan, you can buy AppleCare+ within 30 days of your device purchase. In China mainland, you can buy AppleCare+ on your device within 7 days of your device purchase or in an Apple Store within 60 days of your device purchase (subject to proof-of-purchase and inspection).

For help, contact Apple Support.

Can I purchase Apple Care after the warranty has run out?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.