Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil battery

Hi, I have a 5th gen iPad Pro, not sure which pencil it is, but I'm wondering if it's possible for the Apple pencil to overcharge if I keep it locked in charging position, or does it damage the battery over time in any way. I have a case with a special slot for the charging area, so it spends the whole day there.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 4:22 PM

Hi sorackee, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

There is a lot of information about the Lithium batteries which are used in Apple products but there is a very good explanation from Lawrence Finch about charging Apple Products in the following link:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-9732

In essence there is no issue with you leaving your Apple Pencil on your iPad.

Hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2022 4:22 PM in response to sorackee

Hi sorackee, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

There is a lot of information about the Lithium batteries which are used in Apple products but there is a very good explanation from Lawrence Finch about charging Apple Products in the following link:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-9732

In essence there is no issue with you leaving your Apple Pencil on your iPad.

Hope this helps.

Apple Pencil battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.