Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain not saving Passwords

I'm running Monterey on my desktop and on my mini and on my laptop and I can't get Keychain to save my passwords. At first, I was asked if I wanted to save it whenever I set up an account on websites or applications, etc., then it stopped asking. I may have said no one time. That may have caused the problem to start, but I didn't deny saving it all of the devices. I say maybe because I didn't think to look at Keychain Access right after I denied saving it the one time. I assumed, if I denied it the one time, it would only apply to that one instance. Keychain does save tokens, but not the password that I enter at the sites.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 5:14 PM

Saving website passwords is a preference inside Safari (and other Browsers).

Skim this article so that you understand what it SHOULD be doing, then check the settings in your browser:

Autofill your user name and password in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Note: As a personal policy, I prefer not to autofill credit card information. Instead, I pull out the card and type it in when needed. If my credit card number is not stored on the computer, it is a little harder for it to be stolen from the computer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2022 5:14 PM in response to MSense

Saving website passwords is a preference inside Safari (and other Browsers).

Skim this article so that you understand what it SHOULD be doing, then check the settings in your browser:

Autofill your user name and password in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Note: As a personal policy, I prefer not to autofill credit card information. Instead, I pull out the card and type it in when needed. If my credit card number is not stored on the computer, it is a little harder for it to be stolen from the computer.

Keychain not saving Passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.