Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I download and run an earlier version of iTunes on my iPad gen9

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 6:32 PM

Again, iTunes does not control your music on the iPad. The Music app is where your music is housed on the iPad. I think there is an issue with your understanding of the handling of music on the iPad. My guess is this Tempo SloMo is some type of app, is that correct? If you check this app, does it support the later versions of iOS and iPadOS? You may need to check with the app developer. As far as downloading new music on your iPad, that would be done through a purchase in iTunes on the iPad. You cannot download music from other sources directly to the Music app. Music has to be downloaded either from a purchase in iTunes, or you would download music from your Mac, either using iTunes or Finder, depending on the version of Mac OS you have.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2022 6:32 PM in response to dancinglilly

Again, iTunes does not control your music on the iPad. The Music app is where your music is housed on the iPad. I think there is an issue with your understanding of the handling of music on the iPad. My guess is this Tempo SloMo is some type of app, is that correct? If you check this app, does it support the later versions of iOS and iPadOS? You may need to check with the app developer. As far as downloading new music on your iPad, that would be done through a purchase in iTunes on the iPad. You cannot download music from other sources directly to the Music app. Music has to be downloaded either from a purchase in iTunes, or you would download music from your Mac, either using iTunes or Finder, depending on the version of Mac OS you have.

Jan 23, 2022 6:22 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I have a Gen3 iPad and I run Tempo SloMo to play music for dancing. I can download new purchased music onto this iPad from my Mac. I can then set up playlists on iTunes on the iPad that I can access easily and quickly from Tempo SloMo.

When I try this on my new iPad Gen9, I cannot download new music directly into iTunes and which is then easily and quickly accessible to Tempo SloMo through iTunes.

This is why I thought to download an earlier version of iTunes.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.