Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 13 inch, M1, 2020 connect to multiple displays

From what I understand my macbook can only connect to one display. I heard that if I purchases a docking station that I can connect my mac to multiple displays. I purchased the Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Dock Mini and 2 Acer - 27" IPS LED FHD FreeSync Monitors. I plugged everything in but only one monitor works. Does anyone know if it is possible to connect 2 monitors with this macbook pro? And if so, what docking station do I need and what monitors?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 5:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 8:10 AM

The M1 Chip Mac only supports one external display. If you want to connect more than one external display (and have the external displays work properly) you need either a M1 Pro or M1 Max chip computer.

1 reply

Macbook Pro 13 inch, M1, 2020 connect to multiple displays

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.