📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phantom Displays

I have a Pro with a J5Create port replicator. All of a sudden I am getting phantom displays when I go into settings/display. It is also an issue as items open up on these displays and I cannot see them.

Is there a way to clear out saved display setting to start from scratch or something like that?

TIA....Hans

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 5:53 AM

1 reply

Jan 25, 2022 7:42 AM in response to hansgeier

Hello Hans,

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about that behavior with your display settings.

Is your Mac all up to date? Update macOS on Mac

Does that behavior persist when your hub is disconnected?

If that only occurs when using your hub, you’ll want to reach out to j5create: Contact Us - j5create They would be in the best position to assist with troubleshooting their particular device.

Take care.

Phantom Displays

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.