Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two keys on my Apple keyboard have transposed themselves

two keys on my apple keyboard have transposed themselves, how do i reverse them?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 9:32 AM

Yes, thanks!

Go to system preferences > keyboard > input sources. On that list, you should only have "British". If you have "British PC", remove it. That is the input source which puts " at shift 2.

14 replies

Jan 24, 2022 7:14 AM in response to yandell.barbara

yandell.barbara wrote:

two keys on my apple keyboard have transposed themselves, how do i reverse them?

Please provide specific examples of what you are talking about. The fix depends on having such info.

For example, if you are talking about getting z when you hit the y key (or a when you hit the q key), it means you have the wrong Input Source active, and you need to go to system preferences > keyboard > input sources and make sure you only have one keyboard on your list and that it is the right one for your language.

Jan 24, 2022 8:37 AM in response to yandell.barbara

yandell.barbara wrote:

Thank you so much for responding so quickly. It is the " and the @ which are transposed. I'm not sure how it happened, but only recently.

That's definitely the wrong Input Source. If you are using an Apple keyboard, the right input source is "British". If you are using a PC keyboard, the right input source is "British PC".

Keep only one on the list so you don't accidentally switch them.

Two keys on my Apple keyboard have transposed themselves

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.