Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get Ethernet Connection to M1Max Macbook Pro

So i got my shiny new M1Max Macbook Pro... So far so good... but its only connecting via WiFi. I tried connecting my old USB Ethernet adapter via a hub (which works for all my other macs with USB). and I get no Ethernet connection. NONE... doesn't even seem like it sees the adapter and or signal connection?

All other devices connected to the same hub and ports (even the same port if I disconnect the ethernet adapter) work fine, no issues, so its not a HUB issue.

Anyone have a good Ethernet solution for the new Macbook Pro's M1MAX?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 8:10 AM

7 replies

Jan 25, 2022 8:35 AM in response to NASCAR3D

Hello NASCAR3D,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you're having issues connecting ethernet to your M1 MacBook Pro. We'll do our best to help out.

For this we'd isolate the issue a bit further.

If you haven't already, we'd recommend to restart the Mac normally using the Apple menu > Restart. You would be unable to reset the SMC on a M1 Mac using the Intel Mac steps. Restarting should test this further.

Test it out in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac

And in another user on the Mac: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Should the issue continue to occur in safe mode and another user on the Mac, then it would be best to contact Apple Support: Get Support

Wishing you well, take care.

How to get Ethernet Connection to M1Max Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.