Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Authorization issue

I have a new computer. I deauthorized all my computers. Then I authorized this one. Yet, I'm still having trouble playing some of the music on my list.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 10:56 AM

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Backup and then delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes/Music and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2022 10:56 AM in response to laroja45

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Backup and then delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes/Music and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

tt2

Jan 29, 2022 12:28 PM in response to masterredfox

You'll know they are corrupted because your get the authorization prompt when you try to play them. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but it is possible that the iTunes Store delivers an encrypted file which it then decrypts once it is on your computer, and this authorization issue pops up when that process doesn't complete. If anything AV software might contribute to the problem by locking files for inspection files that iTunes is trying to modify. Recommend you exclude the iTunes folder from real time AV scans.

tt2

iTunes Authorization issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.