Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to update my iPad to IOS 14.0

How to update my IOS to IOS 14.0

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 6:47 PM

You probably have an iPhone 6 or earlier, and those and older iPhone models are incapable of running iOS 13, iOS 14, or the current iOS 15. There are no hardware upgrades available. For access to apps that require iOS 13, iOS 14, or the current iOS 15, your options are a newer (used, refurb) or new iPhone. Any recent iPhone will be substantially more capable than an iPhone 6 or earlier.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2022 6:47 PM in response to Viktorusoalii2016

You probably have an iPhone 6 or earlier, and those and older iPhone models are incapable of running iOS 13, iOS 14, or the current iOS 15. There are no hardware upgrades available. For access to apps that require iOS 13, iOS 14, or the current iOS 15, your options are a newer (used, refurb) or new iPhone. Any recent iPhone will be substantially more capable than an iPhone 6 or earlier.

Jan 24, 2022 7:43 PM in response to Viktorusoalii2016

A little hard to help/advise you when you provide little to NO useful information about your iPad.

Here are my questions to you.

Can you, please, confirm what year and model iPad do you have/own?

The “A” model number can be found on the aluminium back of your iPad, in very small print, right under the larger bold print “iPad” on the back of the iPad.

What iOS/iPadOS version is this iPad, currently, running?

What is the rated, internal data storage space/capacity of your iPad model and how much of this free, internal data storage capacity is left inside of your iPad model?

All of that additional info can be found in the Settings app, General settings panel, About.

Please try to make an attempt to answer all questions asked.

Thank You.

How to update my iPad to IOS 14.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.