Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mom gave me this apple watch that someone at work gave here and i tried connecting it to my phone and its asking for an apple id and password that is no either one of theirs how do i reset it so that i can use it

My mom gave me this apple watch that someone at work gave me here and I tried connecting it to my phone and it's asking for an apple id and password that is not either one of theirs how do I reset it so that I can use it.

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 7:26 PM

Hi and welcome to the Community.

I'm not sure by your description if the Apple ID in the device belongs to the owner at your mother's workplace, or somebody else. I presume it is the first possibility.

Apple devices require an owner to sign themselves out of the iCloud Account before a new owner can sign in with their own account.

Ask your mother to see if she can get the owner to sign the device out of their account. This can be done if she takes the watch back to work for this to be done on the device, or the previous owner can do this remotely by signing into Manage Apple ID, locating the device and removing it from the list of devices: Click on Devices in the column of options on the left, click on the device and in the panel that appears click on Remove from Account.

Apple provides a written set of steps here.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2022 7:26 PM in response to 53rolugnacso

Hi and welcome to the Community.

I'm not sure by your description if the Apple ID in the device belongs to the owner at your mother's workplace, or somebody else. I presume it is the first possibility.

Apple devices require an owner to sign themselves out of the iCloud Account before a new owner can sign in with their own account.

Ask your mother to see if she can get the owner to sign the device out of their account. This can be done if she takes the watch back to work for this to be done on the device, or the previous owner can do this remotely by signing into Manage Apple ID, locating the device and removing it from the list of devices: Click on Devices in the column of options on the left, click on the device and in the panel that appears click on Remove from Account.

Apple provides a written set of steps here.

My mom gave me this apple watch that someone at work gave here and i tried connecting it to my phone and its asking for an apple id and password that is no either one of theirs how do i reset it so that i can use it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.