Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sort emails in each folder by subject or sender?

on my PC, I used outlook and within each folder, I could sort by either sender or subject. This helped to locate emails by client or spam by subject.

how can I do this on my iPad Air 2020 with iOS 15?

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 9:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 11:07 PM

Hi Malibubarbie72, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

I do hope the above link has resolved your query.

However, there is also a very good Search option in both the Outlook and Mail apps in the iPad that could suffice for the sort function in outlook for your PC. I have included the following link which explains the search criteria as follows:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/ipad/ipadedcc14e6/ipados

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2022 11:07 PM in response to Malibubarbie72

Hi Malibubarbie72, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

I do hope the above link has resolved your query.

However, there is also a very good Search option in both the Outlook and Mail apps in the iPad that could suffice for the sort function in outlook for your PC. I have included the following link which explains the search criteria as follows:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/ipad/ipadedcc14e6/ipados

Jan 26, 2022 2:41 PM in response to ShortBlack6857

No, I’ve tried outlook for iOS and it specifically says it won’t sort by sender or subject in each mail folder. The Apple mail doesn’t.

I don’t need help sorting FOLDERS, I need help sorting emails in each folder including spam, junk and trash (so i can review in batches to find a good email). Using the “search” doesn’t work for this.

Thanks.

How do I sort emails in each folder by subject or sender?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.