Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old passcode issues

I want transfer data to ip 8 to my new iphone ..but i can’t.. he want my old passcode?can u teach me? You have resolution?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 10:09 PM

1 reply

Jan 25, 2022 4:35 PM in response to azura112

Hi azura112,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to transfer data to your new iPhone because it's asking for your old iPhone passcode, and we'd like to assist. To get started, do you have two-factor authentication enabled on your Apple ID that you use with your iPhone? If so, we do want to let you know that this is a normal part of the flow that protects certain user data, such as the passwords, credit card numbers, and Messages stored in iCloud.

If you're unable to remember the the passcode requested tap “Forgot iPhone Passcode”? From there you may see an option to approve from another device. This can be any other Apple device that is signed into your Apple ID and has been fully approved.

If you're unable to continue by approving from another device or by providing an old passcode, you should then see an option showing “Can’t Approve”. This would allow you to reset your end-to-end encrypted data on your account. Resetting your end-to-end encrypted data erases the items listed in this link, iCloud security overview - Apple under the “End-to-end encrypted data” section.

After resetting your data, you can continue using end-to-end encryption immediately, and resetting won't delete passwords and other data that already exists locally on your devices.

Take care.

Old passcode issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.